-
April 9th, 2002, 12:01 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Just got the latest jitter news. In Germany, Kodak had performed a beta test for the new K40 film stock with a selected number of power users. Now the first results are here and things look very good. One of the beta testers I know, had shot 10 rolls of K40 and all came out perfectly as never before. Another had openend some carts to see if sth had changed inside and how is the fabrication quality.
The new carts are very easy to distinguish from the older ones, as the plastic mixture is totally different. They show a much smoother surface providing much less friction. So all inner parts of the cart.
The film runs markable more silent thru the camera, a real improvement for sound shooting. The registration again is rock-steady!
So, finally, we can go out shooting without any nightmares as we did before 2000!
Pedro
-
April 9th, 2002, 01:32 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Yay! Thanks for the update Pedro. I still think the US is waiting for those karts to come to the states but according to some the Kodak website is already selling these new batches. I still want to test before stocking up. So what's your opinion on the that new precision pressure plate in combonation with the new K40 karts? A waste of money?
-
April 9th, 2002, 01:43 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Pedro,
Which expiration date/batch number would these "good" cartidges have?
Thanks!
Kurt
-
April 9th, 2002, 02:45 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I'm wondering if Kodak didn't do a "silent recall" of the carts in photo stores. Every place in L.A. was out this last week as was Kodak Hollywood!
I called yesterday and they finally had some in stock. My wife is picking up 15 rolls today...I hope...
-
April 9th, 2002, 08:28 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Good news! Thanks for the update, Pedro! [img]smile.gif[/img]
(I'd be curious to know those tested batch numbers, too.)
"Batch numbers? Yeah, we NEED stinkin' batch numbers!"
RP
-
April 9th, 2002, 11:23 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Hey Guys
Just spoke to Kodak's Head of Engineering here in Hollywood about having my rolls of film replaced. I bought ten, and will have all ten replaced, but will have to send in the 4 that I haven't shot.
He said the news from France eventually came down stream to him, and with the cartridges I sending him, they're going to doing some evaluations and tests.
Scott
By the way, Kodak contacted me after I've sent them an email a few days ago. They forwarded my email to the Hollywood branch, and personally called me...plus sent numerous emails.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 09, 2002 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Hanthx ]</font>
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 09, 2002 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Hanthx ]</font>
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 09, 2002 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Hanthx ]</font>
-
April 10th, 2002, 01:23 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Can one of you guys post the email of your contact person that knows all of this?
Not so we can bug them with emails, but just in case we have an emergency.
Matt Pacini
-
April 10th, 2002, 02:20 AM
#8
Inactive Member
If you need to talk to someone, talk to Alan Masoon-Director of Engineering at the Hollywood Kodak location.
S-
-
April 10th, 2002, 02:59 PM
#9
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Hanthx:
Hey Guys
Just spoke to Kodak's Head of Engineering here in Hollywood about having my rolls of film replaced. I bought ten, and will have all ten replaced, but will have to send in the 4 that I haven't shot.
</font></font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Scott,
how old were the K40 carts you bought? What was the expiration date?
-
April 11th, 2002, 01:14 AM
#10
Inactive Member
any news on the vision 200?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks